My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Friday, October 28, 2016

Even more on Clapton: The Autobiography

OK, I finally finished the book (audio file) and learned a couple more things about Eric.

One is that he has founded a drug and alcohol rehab clinic in Antigua, the Crossroads Centre. He talks about that in an interview he did with 60 Minutes ...



The other thing is kind of disappointing - he married again to someone 31 years his junior. I'm not saying there's anything intrinsically wrong with an age disparity but it made an impression on me after having recently seen in the news that Mel Gibson was marrying someone 34 years his junior and that Hugh Hefner is married to someone 60 years younger. I don't know if this kind of thing happens a lot in the general population but it does seem to happen a lot with wealthy male celebrities - in other words, men who have more options. It makes me wonder about what men think of women.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home