My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Monday, October 24, 2016

Clapton: The Autobiography


- Eric Clapton, 1974

The latest book I'm reading from the public library is Clapton: The Autobiography . You can read a couple of reviews here: The New York Times: Slowhand ... The Guardian: The gospel according to God

I'm not that far into it - I've reached the late 60s so far - but Eric had met and jammed with many well known musicians by that time, including Jimi Hendrix and B.B. King. Here he is playing with King in 1999 ...



By this time, the 60s, he had also been in many well known bands ... the Yardbirds, John Mayall & The Bluesbreakers, Cream, and Blind Faith. Here's Eric and Steve Winwood in 2007 doing one of Blind Faith's most famous songs, Can't Find My Way Home ...



I think many people have read the book for the bit about Eric taking up with George Harrison's wife, Pattie. I've not yet got to that part but I'll keep posting interesting bits about the book as I go along, so stay tuned ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home