My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Pickle sandwiches: the food of the gods :)



When I was a kid my grandfather introduced my sister and me to one of his favorite snacks, pickle sandwiches. Simple to make ... toast, mayonnaise, pickles. It's been depressingly cold here lately, and I thought maybe a pickle sandwich would cheer me up, but who knew my plans would almost be foiled ... I couldn't find pickles or mayonnaise, even at Whole Foods, without "natural flavoring" added. What's wrong with natural flavoring? Maybe nothing, maybe something - ...

Castoreum /kæsˈtɔriəm/ is the exudate from the castor sacs of the mature North American Beaver (Castor canadensis) and the European Beaver (Castor fiber) .... In the United States, castoreum is considered to be a GRAS food additive by the Food and Drug Administration. It is often referenced simply as a "natural flavoring" in products' lists of ingredients.

EeeeK! Luckily, my sister came to the rescue with some wholesome pickles and mayonnaise from Trader Joe's and the sandwiches happened :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Victor said...

Hey Crystal, i thought that i should tell you about the dream i had last night: it's about our niece and nephews and their children including at least ten great children... anyway long story short they were making a little skit for me and i was trying to help them out cause it really did not make any sense but longer story shorter everevery thing i did was to no avail... Yes sinner vic as analyzed it and trust me when "I" say that we don't want to hear "IT"...lol

Anyway to get on topic of your post: "Thomas More, good humor and burning people at the stake"

Yes! Yuck :(

I wonder how long "IT" will take for

http://www.catholic.com/profiles/jimmy-akin#

to get His Holiness out of this one also.

Gee go figure! For better and/or worse some journalist with possible agendas will always believe that their means will be justified at the end or should that be that at the end their meaness will be justified? "I" better close with this litte prayer... “Give me a soul that knows not boredom, grumblings, sighs and laments, nor excess of stress, because of that obstructing thing called ‘I.’ Grant me, O Lord, a sense of good humor. Allow me the grace to be able to take a joke to discover in life a bit of joy, and to be able to share it with others.”...lol

WHO'S LAUGHING?

God Bless Peace

10:51 AM  
Blogger crystal said...

Hi Victor,

Dreams are so interesting :)

10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home