My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

A theology of women?

I'm liking the pope more and more, especially after watching this video ...



... but I have to admit I was disappointed in what he said about women: he stated that the discussion of women's ordination is closed, then tried to soften that with a strange assertion that women are actually somehow more important in the church than bishops, and then there was the mention of "a theology of women".

First Thoughts liked the theology of women idea and linked to past writings on women by JPII, Benedict, and Edith Stein. I won't bother to describe the anti-feminist nature of those works mentioned - instead I'll get right to the point: the whole idea of a theology of women is bizarre .... is there extant a "theology of men"? Oh wait, that's not necessary because men are, you know, people. Will someone please tell the church that women are people too?



2 Comments:

Blogger William D. Lindsey said...

Excellent commentary, Crystal. You always get right to the heart of the matter so clearly.

4:43 AM  
Blogger crystal said...

Hi William,

Thanks :)

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home