My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, October 27, 2011

In Copenhagen


- angel baptismal font by Thorvaldsen

I'm reading a novel that takes place partly in Copenhagen. It's interesting because I've never been there. As it turns out there are some interesting churches in the city I've mentioned before the Church of Our Lady where lives the famous Jesus statue by Bertel Thorvaldsen ...



But I don't think I've mentioned Frederick's Church before. It has statues of well known theologians, including Kierkegaard, circling the building. Here's one of them, Irenæus af Lyon, by Carl Rohl Smith ....



And a photo of the interior ...



Another church in Copenhagen is Church of Our Saviour, which has a baroque spire ...



And angels guarding the choir :) ....




2 Comments:

Anonymous Henry said...

Beautiful sculptures and architecture Crystal - thanks for posting the photos.

4:16 AM  
Blogger crystal said...

Hi Henry :)

12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home