My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Almost Kermit

I saw a video today at the Feminist Philosophers blog of a "guilty" cat - a cat who had made a mess and apparently feels guilty about it when confronted by her owner. I'd say the cat recognizes that she's done something the owner won't like, but I'm not sure she feels guilty, just busted (or maybe afraid). Having said this, after spending 18 years in Kermit's company, I do think most animals have the same emotions we do. But anyway, I wanted to post the video because the two cats in it look almost exactly like Kermit. I miss her!




4 Comments:

Blogger Denny said...

I didn't mention it to you...we now have a cat. Her name is Kazoomie (I don't know the spelling). We're really like foster parents...she's my daughter's cat, but since she had a baby recently, there's reallly not enough room in their tiny apartment (they have another cat who is still with them, a male named Logan, who is on the crazy side). So... she's solid black, is fairly quiet, and loves to have me scratch her.

And I'm the one who never wanted to have a cat! I'm really a "dog person." Still, I pay attention to her, and she's decided I'm OK.

Nice to hear you mention Kermit again.

11:45 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

Denny,

You have a cat! :) I've had both dogs and cats (and a rat)and I think cats can be as affectionate as dogs once they get used to you. I tried to entertain mine since they had to stay inside all the time - always on the hunt for new toys, scratching posts, furniture. Once I made the a little city out of cardboard boxes :)

11:57 PM  
Blogger cowboyangel said...

I was going to say that cats don't have a "gulity" gene, but the second one in this video did seem . . . frightened, at least, as you said. Still, I'm not entirely convinced. It's their world. If they do something you don't like, it's usually your problem. :-)

4:03 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

Yeah :) I learned from experience that negative reinforcement doesn't really do anything for cats except make them hate you. They just do the thing they want to do when you aren't around. You have to be creative and positive to get them to change, or so I think.

5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home