My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, February 01, 2011

My own obligatory Egypt post

Lee has an Obligatory Egypt post with some good links. It's funny, I too feel a certain desire to say something about Egypt even though I don't really know what's going on there. As I mentioned in a past post ...

I, who once only knew about Egypt that Cleopatra's ancestor Ptolemy took rule of the country after Alex the Great's death, that the emperor Hadrian's love interest died falling over the side of a barge on the Nile, and that you start mummy making by removing the brain through the nostrils, now also know a little bit about contemporary Egypt ...

thanks to those Gabriel Allon novels I've mentioned, though what I mostly know from them is that Egypt was the Bush administration's favorite out-sourced place to torture people. Andrew Sullivan mentioned this is a post the other day ... Egypt's Darkside

I hope things turn out for the best in Egypt.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home