My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Dragons!

This week's movie rental was Avatar. I'd watched it at the theater (see my review) but I can see movies better on my computer than at the theater, so I was looking forward to renting it. I liked it just as much the second time around, especially the science stuff. One thing that was more impressive on the large screen was the special effect of the dragons, both in the way they looked and the sensation of them flying. I tried to screen capture some pics of them from the DVD but wasn't able to get much as they were always in motion (see below).


- Ex-marine and paraplegic Jake Sully (Sam Worthington) watches the cremation of his twin brother, a scientist who's upcoming job he's just been offered on Pandora, a lush, Earth-like moon in the Alpha Centauri star system


- he accepts the job and ships out


- Jake learns how to make video logs of his experiences on Pandora


- though Jake works as a scientist, the commander of the privet security forces for the Pandora project offers him a free operation to regain the use of his legs if he'll infiltrate and spy on the indigenous people


- the whole project exists for one reason only: to mine Pandora for Unobtainium


- Jake, in his avatar body, does infiltrate the Na'vi, and here tries to capture a flying dragon as a rite of passage


- the dragon resists :)


- but they come to an understanding


2 Comments:

Blogger Deacon Denny said...

Hi Crystal --

Thanks for the pictures! I loved that movie, and relived it a bit in looking at your pics. I'll have to see it again...

11:07 AM  
Blogger crystal said...

Star Trek and Avatar .... great minds think alike :)

1:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home