My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The end of magic

Everyone I ever loved and who ever loved me, all gone, all gone down.

So says Merlin after he's lost his one love, Nimue, and King Arthur as well, at the hand of Mordred. But he's wrong.

I've been thinking about Merlin, as I'm reading (listening to) the sequel to David Weber's Off Armageddon Reef - By Schism Rent Asunder - because the main character is a male android named Merlin, with the memories (and soul) of a long dead woman named Nimue. But when I think of Merlin, I mostly remember the one in the 1998 movie, from which the quote above comes. It starred Sam Neil (Merlin), John Gielgud (Constant), Rutger Hauer (Vortigern), Helena Bonham Carter (Morgan le Fay), Isabella Rossellini (Nimue), Miranda Richardson (Mab and the Lady of the Lake), and Martin Short (Frik the gnome).

Below is a short video clip from the movie, showing Merlin finding Nimue at the end of his life when he had thought her dead, and working one last peice of magic .....




1 Comments:

Blogger victor said...

I can just hear some of my forgiven sins from the hotel of fools who honestly believe they are gods saying, that's nothing Victor, you worship us and we'll give you so much much more.

I hear ya! Come on sinner vic, let's stick to reality!

Gee! I thought that this stuff was all in reality make believe!

It is Victor, "IT" is! :)

God Bless,

Peace.

7:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home