My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Dr. Nick Trakakis

Some time ago I posted bits from an article - Becoming Children: The Hidden Meaning of the Incarnation, by Nick Trakakis, a professor of philosophy at Monash University, Australia, and now at the Centre for Philosophy of Religion at the University of Notre Dame. He was kind enough to make a comment on my post, so I thought I'd check for more of his online writing. Here below is some of what I've found, for those who might be interested ...

- The Infallibility of the Church: An Unorthodox Perspective at Theandros, an Online Journal of Orthodox Christian Theology and Philosophy.

- What Was the Iconoclast Controversy About? at Theandros, an Online Journal of Orthodox Christian Theology and Philosophy.

- God, Gratuitous Evil, and van Inwagen’s Attempt to Reconcile the Two, Ars Disputandi: The Online Journal for Philosophy of Religion, vol. 3, 2003.

- Does Hard Determinism Render the Problem of Evil even Harder? Ars Disputandi: The Online Journal for Philosophy of Religion, October 12, 2006.

- Entry on The Evidential Problem of Evil in The Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy, edited by James Fieser and Bradley Dowden, published April 2005.

- Salvation in Heaven? with Yujin Nagasawa and Graham Oppy, Philosophical Papers, vol.33, no.1, March 2004, pp.95-117.

- Eschatological Objections to Free Will Theodicy: Free Will, Heaven and Hell

Enjoy :-)


6 Comments:

Blogger Jeff said...

I like some of this cross-pollination, if you can call it that. Notre Dame having an Orthodox theologian who cites Hans Urs Von Balthasar an Vatican II.

Lots of interesting material to get through there. Thanks for putting it up.

7:28 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

Yes, and an interestin mix of philosophy and theology :-)

8:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the interest in my work.

I might add to the above list another recent publication, and one which I am more happy with than any of the above. It is a short collection of poems and philosophical reflections, entitled "Silent Transfigurations". If anyone is interested in a copy, I'd be happy to post one out to you.

-- Nick Trakakis

8:38 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

Dr. Trakakis, is there a place online where we could read some of what's in your book?

12:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unfortunately, my book "Silent Transfigurations" is not available online. I can email you a copy of the book saved as a pdf file. Or alternatively, I could post you the book.

Best wishes,
Nick

7:29 AM  
Blogger crystal said...

A pdf file would be great. Maybe you wouldn't mind if I posted one of the poems? My email address is watson@who.net. Thanks :-)

11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home